Intermediate Architect/ Designer
Intermediate staff are expected to demonstrate high levels of creativity within the parameters of interior and building requirements. An intermediate staff member will communicate well with clients and other professionals, work effectively in a team setting and readily adapt as changes need to be made. Overall, intermediate staff are expected to be curious, agile and challenge the status quo to elevate the design of the studio.
To be the successful candidate you will have a strong commitment to design excellence and execution and strong skills in the production and co-ordination of contract documents with annotated and dimensioned drawings. You must be able to demonstrate experience ranging from concept design through to contract administration and you will have experience working on a variety of project types.
You must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture, architectural science or architectural technology; and possess a minimum of three years professional working experience not including co-operative education placements.
Project Level Responsibilities
- Work with senior staff to co-ordinate internal project deliverables.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation, execution, and evaluation of project phases.
- Develop design concepts and associated presentation materials.
- Develop and prepare design development materials and presentation.
- Develop designs with intent, based on research and resolution of technical/ design issues.
- Develop construction documents for projects of varying scope with minimal supervision.
- Modify and update designs based on review with, or comments received from senior staff.
- Prepare architectural drawings using REVIT, SketchUp and other modeling software.
- Support senior staff with evaluating site conditions and constraints.
- Execute technical design assignments in a timely manner.
- Produce compelling design development work, digital models, drawings, and outline specifications.
- Support senior staff with effective analysis of applicable building codes, by-laws and other regulations and technical documents / reports to which a project may be subject.
People Level Responsibilities
- Inspire and motivate; collaborate across teams; develop junior members and architectural assistants.
- Liaise with senior staff including Team Leaders and Associates as required.
- Develop strong relationships with consultants and internal teams.
- Participate in team meetings to coordinate design options and ideas.
As designers, we celebrate, support, and thrive through our differences. GPA is an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applicants to join us regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. At GPA we believe that our differences help us rise to the challenges of tomorrow and ensure a comittment to equitable hiring, training, and place making- in the studio, and beyond in the spaces we design.
To submit your CV and portfolio for consideration, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your application, however, only candidates invited to interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls.