Senior Architect/ Designer
Giannone Petricone Associates relies on its senior staff to see the big picture and lead the successful execution of projects by being a leader and dedicated team player, bringing creativity and approaching tasks with ingenuity. This role is diverse and will involve individual work as well as significant teamwork. A senior staff member is a critical point person who will need the ability to manage different workloads while coordinating effectively with team members, clients, contractors, and others.
A Senior Architect has a commitment to design excellence and execution, and strong skills in the production and co-ordination of contract documents with annotated and dimensioned drawings and must be able to demonstrate experience ranging from concept design through to contract administration on a variety of project types.
Project Level Responsibilities
- Work with Associates to co-ordinate internal project deliverables.
- Provide oversight in the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of project phases.
- Oversees, develops and guides design conception, design detailing and production of presentation materials.
- Leads development of construction documents and follows up with design work as drawings and construction progress.
- Supports Associates with ensuring design continuity.
- Supports Associates in site coordination, works with contractors in solving construction & site issues.
- Oversees and leads the production of architectural drawings and models.
- Supports Associates in maintaining and managing all project documentation related to architectural design and contract administration.
- Guides contract administration & works effectively with contractors to resolve construction/ site issues.
- Performs effective analysis of applicable building codes, by-laws and other regulations and technical documents / reports to which a project may be subject.
People Level Responsibilities
- Inspire and motivate; collaborates across teams
- Provide oversight, quality assurance and review work produced by team members to ensure that GPA standards are being met
- Assist in determining project staffing requirements
- Mentor team member by identifying areas for improvement in their work through teaching and coaching
- Motivate staff by challenging them, engaging their creativity and recognizing achievement
- Model behaviour towards and expectations for quality of work
As designers, we celebrate, support, and thrive through our differences. GPA is an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applicants to join us regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. At GPA we believe that our differences help us rise to the challenges of tomorrow and ensure a comittment to equitable hiring, training, and place making- in the studio, and beyond in the spaces we design.
To submit your CV and portfolio for consideration, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your application, however, only candidates invited to interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls.